What is dry eye?
It is a condition in which there are insufficient tears to lubricate and nourish the eye. Tears are necessary for providing clear vision and for maintaining the health of the front surface of the eye.
What Causes of dry eye
- Not enough tears are produced
- Tears evaporate in dry environments
- Tear quality is poor
- Increased device and screen time
- Contact lens wear
- Previous refractive surgery
Symptoms of Dry Eye
- Scratchiness, grittiness, feels like something is in the eye
- Stinging, burning, overall discomfort
- Redness, "bloodshot"
- Blurred or fluctuating vision, eye fatigue
- Crustiness of the eyelashes, styes, or recurrent "pink eye"
- Excessive tearing